Frank Barnes is an innovative and exciting sign bilingual school for profoundly Deaf Children with a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence in Deaf Education. We have recently been awarded Outstanding Status by Ofsted for the second consecutive inspection and have a commitment to high quality education as well as your professional development. We are a friendly, supportive school, based in Camden, a short walk from St Pancras International Station with good rail links across London and beyond. In 2015, the school moved to a state of the art building at King’s Cross and is co-located with a mainstream primary school.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Every child develops a positive sense of their deaf identity and becomes a successful learner
- BSL and English are taught to a high standard enabling our children to become fluent in both languages
- Staff, parents and carers are fully involved in the life of the school
We are committed to safeguarding children and any appointment is subject to satisfactory checks and references. The position will require an Enhanced DBS check including barred list check. The post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013 & 2020). This means that applicants are not required to disclose details of any youth cautions or ‘protected’ criminal convictions, adult cautions or bind-overs they may have incurred.
Post Deputy Headteacher
Employer Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children/Camden LA
Salary L10 to L14 (£60,999 to £66,439)
Contract type Full time
Contract term Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Headteacher to join our innovative and exciting bilingual (BSL and English) school starting in January 2022, with the following skills:
- Is passionate about working with bilingual deaf children
- Excellent BSL and English skills
- Has a proven record of successful leadership and management at a senior level in a deaf or mainstream school
- Is able to lead a wide range of deaf and hearing staff and communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including partner school, Kings Cross Academy
- Proven record of leading curriculum design and innovation that reflects the needs of deaf children
- Experience of leading and developing assessment systems and data tracking and analysis of pupils’ achievements
- Experience of working with governors, parents, the local authority, Deaf organisations and other agencies
- Secure knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- A dedicated and inspirational staff team
- A positive and inclusive school community
- Support from an outstanding Governing Body and Camden Learning
- An exciting opportunity to build on the exceptional practice of the school
- British Sign Language training to Level 6
We are committed to:
- Developing our sign bilingual practice
- Employing deaf and hearing staff in partnership to raise the achievement of deaf children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of deaf children in our care
The School’s safeguarding policy is included with the application pack and we ask you to read this before applying for the post.
Applicants for the post will be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes.
If you have any queries, please contact the school or email the Headteacher, Dani Sive, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the Person Specification and Job Description carefully as well as look through our website as there is a great deal of useful information available to you before you apply. CVs and late applications cannot be accepted.
Please email your completed application form to our Business Manager, Angela Scheffer, at email@example.com
Closing date 12 noon on 15th October 2021
Shortlisting 18th October 2021
Interviews 21st October 2021, 3pm
Job Starts 1st January 2022
Please ensure you are available to attend the interview date as this cannot be altered.