- Cultivate, expand, and proficiently employ an extensive vocabulary and grammar within BSL.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the grammar and structural nuances inherent in BSL.
- Engage in fluent conversations in BSL, demonstrating a high level of proficiency in both comprehension and expression.
- Enhance awareness and sensitivity to Deaf culture, thereby fostering a deeper connection with the rich heritage of the Deaf community.
- Advocate for and uphold a high standard of BSL as a legitimate and expressive language.
- Foster a genuine passion for learning a new language, promoting an atmosphere of enjoyment and enthusiasm among pupils.
- Educate pupils to appreciate the uniqueness of BSL as a visual language, providing them with a broader cultural perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and produce a diverse array of signs, laying the groundwork for competence in BSL usage.
- Establish a strong foundation that equips individuals to become proficient users of BSL, laying the groundwork for continued growth.
- Apply BSL effectively in everyday life, using acquired skills post-qualification to enhance communication and connection.
- Advocate for equity in the recognition and use of BSL as a valid and essential means of communication.
- Raise awareness about BSL as a language with regional variation, richness and diversity, fostering appreciation for its unique linguistic features.