Parents' Skills Courses - Raising a Deaf Child
This free 10 week course for parents of deaf children will be held in conjunction with the National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) using community languages.
The course contents will include:
- How children develop/ what are the differences for deaf children, if any?
- Communicating with your Deaf child
- How to promote acceptable behaviour
- How to read and support with homework
- Supporting emotional well-being
- Dealing with conflict
- Supporting play and learning/doing fun activities with your child
- Managing time
- Impact of having a Deaf child for parents and carers
- Promoting independence
If you are interested in our courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org