Partnerships with Parents
We welcome parents and carers as our children’s most important providers of care and education and as active members of our learning community. We aim to involve parents and carers in all aspects of their child’s education and maintain strong links via a home-school agreement, regular newsletters, the school website and, most importantly, via an open door policy for parents and carers to come and talk to us.
Parents are encouraged to support school activities, including parents’ evenings, the Christmas show, sports day, international evening, BSL celebrations and other social events.
As a centre for excellence we offer outstanding services and training opportunities for parents and carers and the wider deaf and the hearing communities. These include:
- A weekly drop-in morning for parents of children in the Foundation Stage and their siblings
- Workshops for parents, friends and families of deaf children
- A range of interactive and fun groups for pre-school deaf children
- Weekly sign language classes
- BSL for deaf babies and their families
- A programme of home visits that can be arranged to support parents and carers
- A broad range of accredited BSL courses
There are many courses run throughout the year. To see what we currently have on offer please got to the training and courses section of the website.
Please also see our resources pages and in particular, the Bilingual Education Research Resources section for links to information on the latest research in Deaf Education as well as links to You Tube How To videos created by the NDCS to give you ideas on how to support the learning of your child.