Job Title: BSL Instructor
Salary: £12,375 (pro-rata); (£31,731 FTE)
Hours: Part-time; term time only
Contract: Permanent, 17.5 hrs/week; 35 weeks/year
Start date: September 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed person to teach BSL lessons to pupils in our partner mainstream school Kings Cross Academy (Years 1 – 6) and to students in a local secondary school, with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent BSL skills (minimum BSL Level 3)
- Be a native BSL user
- Experience of working in educational settings
- Excellent networks within the Deaf community
- Experience of teaching/assessing/delivering BSL courses or curriculum to adults/young people
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Communicating with people from different backgrounds
- Carrying out assessments BSL learning and progression
- Planning and delivery of BSL lessons
- Good behaviour management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practice
We are committed to safeguarding children and any appointment is subject to satisfactory checks and references. The position will require an Enhanced DBS check including barred list check. The post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013 & 2020). This means that applicants are not required to disclose details of any youth cautions or ‘protected’ criminal convictions, adult cautions or bind-overs they may have incurred.
The School’s safeguarding policy is included with the application pack and we ask you to read this before applying for a post.
For further information please contact the Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please read the Person Specification and Job Description carefully as well as looking through our website as there is a great deal of useful information available to you before you apply. CVs and late applications cannot be accepted.
Important Dates to Note
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th June 2021
Short listing: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Interviews: Friday 2nd July 2021
Please ensure you are available to attend the interview date as this cannot be altered
The application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded below. Email your completed application and supporting statement to: email@example.com.